Powered by Webplus X8, designed by Andricks Design Services - Rick Nuth © 2015
Minutes of Tutbury in Bloom Meeting held on 27th June 2013 at Tutbury Institute.
1.In attendance Liz Staples, Pat Guest, Emma and Brian Wright, Sue Norris, Terry Screaton, Jane and Rick Nuth, Janice Sherratt and Malcolm Wardle.
Apologies from Stephen Keene and Paul Nicholas
2. Minutes of meeting held on 13 May 2013 agreed.
3. Activity Log agreed-Sue will confirm numbers with D&P. Malcolm organised mini-bus and Ch Exec Ron Dougan of Trent & Dove had been invited.
4. Action Sheet agreed Liz will check with Harriet at Castle about mini bus being allowed in grounds. Liz will double check with Chris Tipper about Museum. Civic Society boards needed for Church also War Memorial Preservation committee display.
5. Scout Community Week project went extremely well to the point of too many volunteers on 6th June (possibly 35 plus). With everyone’s help Holts Lane now looks very good, but shows need for regular maintenance. Scouts did the press release; Burton Mail did a poor article from information supplied. No mention of B&Q or In Bloom. Rick thanked for getting photos on the web site. Paul Steed supplied nasturtiums as promised, these planted up, enough spare for Richard Wakefield School.
On Saturday 8th June, Litter pick with Beavers took place, 15 people took part, good write up in Burton Mail. Beavers and parents reported back had enjoyed themselves. Met up afterwards in Church for coffee.
6. Judging Route now includes Fire Station. Need to thank everyone who took part in working parties at the Community Garden and also Church Memorial Garden. With the gaps that have appeared Paul Steed has promised free plants (supplied by BUDS) for the Memorial Garden (lavenders). Liz will liaise. Will need further working party before judging day, Friday 19th July put into diary.
7. Hanging Basket Competition, Posters and Flyers now have been delivered. At the moment have 10 business, 4 children and 5 adults. Sue will liaise with Janice to sort out route for Mayor. Liz will contact Philip Lawford for copy of a certificate for winners; Sue has purchased B&Q vouchers for winners. Sue not available on Judging day, Janice and Liz to accompany the Mayor.
8. Planters now installed and look great. Sue and husband Phil will sort out watering, very grateful to them.
9. Consider changing hanging basket to floral feature next year for more entries. Many more businesses have entered including village hall and The Leopard. Gazebo needed for Music Festival on 14th July for In Bloom and War Memorial Preservation presence. Liz will oblige with hers.
Reminder that the Awards Ceremony is on 12th September at Drayton Manor Park.
10. Next meeting to be held on Thursday 1st August 2013 at 7.30pm
Meeting finished at 9.15 pm.
Meeting to be held on 27th June 2013 at the Institute starting 8:00pm.
2. Agree Minutes of meeting held on 13 May 2013
3. Activity Log- updates
4. Action Sheet- updates
5. Scout Community Week-Joint Projects feed back
6. Judging Route
7. Hanging Basket Competition-Leaflets and Poster distribution- updates
8. Free Planters – watering schedules
10. Date of Next Meeting
This page last updated 17/08/2016 06:52:51