Powered by Webplus X8, designed by Andricks Design Services - Rick Nuth © 2015
Minutes of Tutbury in Bloom Meeting held on 26th October 2013 at Tutbury Institute.
1.In attendance Liz Staples, Sally and Walter Foord, Emma and Brian Wright, Malcolm Wardle, Terry Screaton, Stephen Keene, Jane (arrived later) and Rick Nuth, Pat Guest and Janice Sherratt
Apologies from Sue Norris and Paul Nicholas
2. Minutes of meeting held on 1st August agreed.
3. Sally and Walter Foord welcomed as new members to the team.
Liz Staples, Malcolm Wardle and Janice Sherratt had attended the September Seminar to receive the Gold Award. All Team members were thrilled to get the award and the certificate was passed round for all members to see. Chairman had written a press release which had been taken up and an excellent article printed in the Burton Mail which was pleasing. Article also noted in School Newsletter, further articles written for Parish Magazine and TVN. Rick took the actual certificate to scan and put up on the Web Site. Chairman had taken the Certificate to show the Parish Council, agreed that the certificate would hang in the Village Hall and copies be offered to premises on the judging route for them to display.
4. Invitation from Mayor for an Insignia discussed. Date to go back to Mayor’s Secretary was agreed to be Monday 14th October, 7.30 pm start.
5. Chairman had received an invitation to attend a county wide In Bloom meeting to be held at Newcastle Borough Council on Wednesday 30th October. Chairman unable to attend, Malcolm Wardle volunteered.
WASP grant application for the new banners had been granted. Tutbury W.I. are interested in helping to sponsor the In Bloom Team, suggested had one banner with WI Logo to go on school railings. Chairman had also applied to the County Councillor Bob Fraser for over £600, this to cover cost for spare set of liners for the eleven wall planters and planting up of 12 hanging baskets and 11 wall planters by BUDS. Hanging baskets to be offered to businesses for free for the winter. Village Hall interested in having two. Next spring get the hanging baskets planted up again by BUDS, ready for the summer and offer them to businesses for £15 each. Again Village Hall will put this to their committee but happy in principle. ESBC would also supply bulbs again this year for planting round the village this autumn
Ideas for the future included raised beds to be installed by the Residents Association.
Next Year is the Centenary for the start of the First World War, and 925th Anniversary of St Mary’s Church, suggested a poppy theme.
Dates agreed: 26th October joint bulb planting with Civic Society, start 10 am meeting point TBC. 9th November working party for the Holts Lane beds and the Community Garden, meet 9 am at the Community Garden then later at Church for coffee and cake. December 1st litter pick, meet at 10 am at Duke Street Car Park.
6. No AOB
7. Next meeting to be held on Thursday 21st November 2013 at 8 pm
Meeting finished at 9.15 pm
Meeting to be held on 26th October 2013 at the Institute starting 8:00pm.
2. Agree Minutes of meeting held on 19th September 2013
3. Marking Sheet- Spread sheet attached
4. Invitation from the Mayor-Feedback
5. Bulb planting and Working Party Feedback
6. Hanging Baskets and Wall Planters
7. Future plans
9. Date of Next Meeting
Powered by Webplus, designed by - Copyright © 2012- Tutbury in Bloom
This page last updated 17/08/2016 06:52:51